Wednesday 29 June 2016

Term Two Reflection

Wowsers! What a term.

It's harder to write about the successes - they are not the things that stick at the forefront of my mind. But they are important to look back on. 

The progresses/successes I have noticed this term:

Pipeline One

  • Our team has gelled more and found our rhythm
  • Maths has been massive learning for me (never taught these stages before!)
  • Officially opening was magic and an awesome celebration of the (short) history but also the future
  • Communicating Learning comments to parents

Pipeline Two
  • Found some flow with the Innovation team and we're getting into the application of some the things we've been visioning
  • I've been able to give some coaching to our TL around his goals
  • I've done some serious reconsideration around the 'steps' I had recorded in order to get to my desired reality. This has brought me further into pipeline two
  • Learning about the pipelines and having a session with Tony Burkin

Please find here the link to my updated steps towards my desired reality.


This term has been quite draining, with several factors relating to that. Having a team member away for an extended amount of time really makes you realise the importance relationships play in a team and the contribution each person makes. That, and some other events changing, meant changes to the release schedule and a shortage of relievers has put pressure on, on occasions. Planning ahead and being prepared for your non-contact time does not always bring the full sense of calmness you expected. 

Part of 'building a school' (not only the buildings) is to develop the school-based curriculum resources and references. This has been a great area of interest for me because I've always been held an interest in curriculum development. However, it comes with it's challenges, because there are still expectations to meet requirements such as forming OTJs and with some of those references and recording platforms still in the development stage it has made those tricky and time-consuming.

I'm looking forward to a well deserved break and to reassess and plan for the term ahead. I'm stoked to be working on the Innovation Incubator team and reflecting on my development in that. Our team is also looking to change things up for literacy next term, and that will hopefully bring back some of the literacy joy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment